Boneless Ocho Rios salted cod fillet and Ocho Rios Ackee Recipe
- Boil in water Ocho Rios codfish. Pour off water and repeat for less saltiness. Check for bones.
- Sauté onion, garlic, green onion, tomato and scotch bonnet pepper or jalapeño (optional).
- Stir in codfish with the seasonings and sauté until hot.
- Pour off brine and gently stir in Ackees. Add a dash of Ocho Rios black pepper. Simmer until hot.
Saltfish and Callao (Spinach) Recipe:
- Boil ½ LB Salted fish (Codfish or Bacalao) in water for 5 minutes.
- If less salt is desired, pour off water and boil with fresh water for another 5 minutes
- Pour off water. Check for bones when cool to touch.
- Sauté onion, garlic, green onions, (thyme optional) and then add desalted fish. Simmer for about 10 minutes
- Add tomato slices and/or Scotch Bonnet (or Jalapeño) pepper.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain off brine in the Callao. Stir in drained Callao. Ready when hot.
Enjoy with Ocho Rios Bammy (Cassava Cakes).
Coconut Cream recipes and info 20140219
Coconut Cream Recipes:
- Coconut Milk for Curries - Pour 1/3 pint very hot water in to a bowl and add 2oz Creamed Coconut. Stir until dissolved. Increase the amount of creamed Coconut for thicker milk. Add to your curry dish being cooked, towards the end. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Topping for Desserts - Creamed Coconut in 200ml ( 1/3 pint ) hot water. Add sugar and other flavoring to taste, beat well. Chill and serve.
- Spicy Basil Coconut Chicken - Combine 2 ½ oz or half of the coconut cream 5oz with 1 cup of hot water. Cut up 1 lb of Chicken Breast into thin 2 inch strips. Heat up 2 tbsp oil. Add 1 finely chopped onion and stir fry until soft . Add chicken strips and continue until almost cooked (about 5-8 minutes). Add basil, 2 tbsp fish sauce (optional), 1 tbsp Dried Red Chili chopped, 1 tsp of Coriander and stir fry for 1 minute. Add Coconut milk mixture and simmer, stirring occasionally until hot. Enjoy!
- Hot chili
- 1 pound of meat, marinate with chopped garlic, onion, chive
- 1 ½ Tablespoons of Ocho Rios Original Curry, 3 tablespoons water mix into curry paste
- Medium Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil
- Stir in curry paste for about 2 minutes
- Combine with meat and simmer until meat is cooked.
Tip: Cutting meat into thin strips will cook much more quickly.
For a quick Vegan dish, Ocho Rios Soya Chunks can be pre-soaked for 5 minutes in hot water, drained, water squeezed out of the medium soft soya chunks. Combine as above in place of meat, ready when hot.
Pink Salmon Spread
- 1 5.29 Oz Pink Salmon, minced
- 2 Scallions chopped
- 1 Tbsp. “Liquid Aminos” (Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Oil
- 4 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 1 Small Onion chopped into small pieces
- 4 Tbsp. Cilantro finely chopped
- 1 hot chili pepper, chopped, (more as desired)
- or 1 Tbsp. of Hot sauce *(Ocho Rios brand)
- Drain Salmon and place into a large bowl
- Add chop and minced two scallions
- Add chopped onion
- Add finely chopped Cilantro
- Add “Liquid Aminos”
- Lastly, add Ocho Rios hot sauce (or chili peppers to desired heat)
- Refrigerate briefly to allow for flavors to blend and marry
This deliciously healthy salmon spread can be served with your choice of crackers or toast points:
- Saltine Crackers
- Carr’s Water Crackers
- Toast Points
- Jamaican Water crackers
Alternatives to Salmon: Canned Chicken, Tuna, Sardines, or Shrimp